Best Interests Assessoer (BIA)/Dols Assessor - Isle of Wight
Our client is looking for a Best Interest Assessor/Dols Assessor. You Must have COP experience to apply to the Court of Protection Working closely with adults within the Isle of Wight.
You will fulfil the duties and responsibilities of Best Interest Assessor (BIA) / Court of Protection (CoP) Social Worker in the Adult Safeguarding Team which will include:
- Completing comprehensive person centred assessments to a high standard in determining whether applications made by Managing Authorities to deprive a person of their liberty meet the legal criterion and are in the person’s best interests, as outlined in the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, Code of Practice and subsequent case law.
- Undertaking the role of the BIA / CoP Social Worker in line with legislation, case law and local policy, completing all supporting assessments within statutory timescales, as outlined within the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS).
- Obtaining, evaluating and analysing complex evidence and differing views and weighing them appropriately in decision making, you will identify and action a proposed deprivation of liberty, assessing whether or not this is within best interest and submit relevant reports to the Supervisory Body or Court of Protection.
Please register your interest now by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button below. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
Whether you are looking for temporary, permanent or contract work we can assist.
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to vacancies across the UK
- Dedicated Specialist Consultant
- Access to our range of training opportunities
- Excellent Aftercare Service
- Prompt and reliable payroll
- Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
- £250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
*Terms and conditions apply