Qualified Social worker - Unaccompanied asylum Seeking Childrens Team - Thurrock
Our client in the Thurrock area is looking for a Social worker to join the Unaccompanied asylum Seeking Children & Leaving Care Team.
Your main job duties will include
- Providing a high standard of social work support to young people of 16-25 and Asylum young people, living in and leaving care to improve their life chances, safety, accommodation needs, education and employment, finances and independence skills.
- Improving safeguarding arrangements, assessments, preparation and planning for care leavers.
- Assessing the needs of young people in order that they achieve higher levels of independent living skills
- Formulating a Pathway Plan with every care leaver allocated and to review that Pathway Plan every six months or sooner if required
- Assisting young people in a range of practical, personal, social and financial help to enable independence and help young people to become contributing citizens in their community
- Liaising with and developing partnerships with other agencies and services in order to provide a full range of choices and options for young people
- Undertaking 1:1 and group work with young people aimed at practical support and preparation for leaving care
All candidates will need to be an experienced Social Worker, hold HCPC registration and a Social Work qualification.
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
Whether you are looking for temporary, permanent or contract work we can assist.
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to vacancies across the UK
- Dedicated Specialist Consultant
- Access to our range of training opportunities
- Excellent Aftercare Service
- Prompt and reliable payroll
- Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
- £250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
*Terms and conditions apply