My client in Nottingham is looking for Residential Support Workers for their up and coming LAC Residential Home.
To ensure young adults living in their homes are given high standards of support to enable them to make a successful transition into adult life and reach their full potential
- Behave in a professional manner at all times with sensitivity, dignity and respect towards young adults, parents/guardians, other professionals and visitors in accordance with the role of the post.
- Proactively support the young adults support plan – and taking active responsibility to promote their: Health; Education; Independence; Social; Emotional and Economic/Personal Well Being.
- Work rota based shift patterns at any establishment or designated workplace according to direction from Senior Staff.
- Actively promote the safety and well-being of the young adults living in the home by reporting any concerns which might compromise their safety.
- Contribute to and create a warm, caring and safe environment.
- Advice young adults on leading healthy lifestyles and diet.
- Enabling young adults to take responsibility for their health and well being – ensuring appointments to medical practitioners and hospitals are attended and medication is administered correctly.
- Maintain records of medication, visits to medical practitioners and hospital visits.
This is just a summary of the duties - please contact me for the full job description
Person Specification for the Role
- Excellent written and communication skills
- GCSEs in English and Maths or equivalent
- Genuine commitment to the welfare of young adults
- Ability to relate to young adults
- Able to deal with challenging behaviours in a calm, caring and professional manner
- Car owner and driver with full UK Licence
- Awareness of the Children Act 1989/2004
- Awareness of Human Rights
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
£250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
*Terms and conditions apply