Are you a qualified Social Worker looking for a new challenge?
My client in South London is looking for confident and skilled social workers and are seeking highly talented and ambitious people to join them.
They have a clear vision to raise the profile of safeguarding and highlighting people’s shared responsibility in keeping children and young people safe.
This role provides you with a unique opportunity to be innovative and aspirational for children.
Due to the expansion of the Children’s Social Care service they are looking for number of new Social Workers to work with Children and Families across the following teams - Referral & Assessment, Safeguarding & Care Planning, Children Looked After, Leaving Care.
They offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- £1500 annual retention payment
- £1000 Golden Hello
- Generous Annual Leave
- plus other benefits
They will provide good social care services to our children as set out in our improvement and transformation plan.
· Manageable caseloads for every Social Worker amongst the lowest in the country
· Small Cluster teams with one team manager supervising five Social Workers
· Two week protected induction programme
· Excellent Learning and development opportunities with bespoke training for every social worker
· Social Workers and team managers have easy and regular access to the leadership team
· Dedicated time for reflective supervision
- With appropriate supervision, assess for and provide services to children in need within the framework of the appropriate legislation, regulations, departmental procedures and child care policy.
- To ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, voluntary and independent sector providers.
- To maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and division.
- To maintain professional standards of practice and to work in accordance with the Departmental vision, values, procedures and managerial guidance.
- To manage a caseload of children and families, including:
- Undertaking, contributing to and participating in core assessments, in partnership with the child, parents, other family members and professionals as appropriate in accordance with the Dfes. Assessment Framework.
- Implementing Child Protection and LAC Procedures as and when required
- Facilitating the provision and co –ordination of appropriate services
- Working with families and children and young people to reduce the need for accommodation or care proceedings
- In line with the Every Child Matters agenda, working in partnership with colleagues in other agencies to develop and provide a range of interventions for families and children and young people.
- Undertake investigations under Section 47s on allocated and duty cases as required.
- Contributing to and assisting in the progression of care plans for Looked After Children in line with the Children and Families Divisions guidelines.
- Ensuring that procedural requirements with respect to consultation and recording are adhered to
Person specification for the role
- Hold a valid HCPC registration as a Social Worker
- Must have qualified since 2012 & completed the ASYE
- Minimum of 1 years post qualifying experience in the UK. Please do not apply if you do not meet this criteria.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, related statutory regulations and guidance, child development, research and different methods of Assessment. (Relating to the service area in which the job role is placed)
- Able to assess and analyse the needs of children and young people and their families and using excellent written and verbal skills; manage, develop, produce and implement care plans for children and young people that meet their assessed needs.
- Have effective written and verbal communication skills. Use of good English language to produce high quality reports
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
£250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
Please ensure you submit a covering letter with your application. Applications will not be considered without this.
*Terms and conditions apply