Are you an experienced Senior Practitioner looking for a new challenge?
My client in South London is looking for confident and skilled social workers and are seeking highly talented and ambitious people to join them. They have a clear vision to raise the profile of safeguarding and highlighting people’s shared responsibility in keeping children and young people safe.
This role provides you with a unique opportunity to be innovative and aspirational for children.
Due to the expansion of the Children’s Social Care service they are looking for number of Team Managers to work with Children and Families across the following teams - Referral & Assessment, Safeguarding & Care Planning, Children Looked After, Leaving Care.
You will be joining an ambitious service with strong leadership and clear lines of support. There will be a dedicated two week induction programme upon joining us, your manageable caseloads will be amongst the lowest in the country, you will work in a small cluster team containing five Social Workers and one Team Manager and you will have dedicated time set aside for quality reflective supervision. In return they ask that you bring your passion, dedication and skills to their team.
They offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- £2000 annual retention payment
- £2000 Golden Hello
- Generous Annual Leave
- plus other benefits
They will provide good social care services to our children as set out in our improvement and transformation plan.
· Manageable caseloads for every Social Worker amongst the lowest in the country
· Small Cluster teams with one team manager supervising five Social Workers
· Two week protected induction programme
· Excellent Learning and development opportunities with bespoke training for every social
· Social Workers and team managers have easy and regular access to the leadership team
· Dedicated time for reflective supervision
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work within a framework of legislation, guidance, divisional policies and procedures and accountability to senior officers.
- Ability to relate effectively to children, parents and carers, many of whom may be under stress.
- This will include the ability to support and facilitate the work of more junior staff who are having to deal with particularly difficult situations.
- Ability to work as a team member and to form professional partnerships with other staff within the Department, colleagues from other agencies, foster carers and residential workers and health and education professionals. This will include an ability to remain aware of the roles and responsibilities of others and to promote a positive image of the division and department.
- Skill in analysing complex and problematic situations and in formulating, implementing and reviewing, alongside service users, appropriate assessment and intervention programmes.
- Skill in communicating clearly orally and in writing, including an ability to maintain concise case records including Looked After Children documentation and to produce reports for case conferences, courts and other bodies.
- Ability to manage working time effectively in order to meet both professional priorities and administrative requirements.
- Ability to think creatively in meeting children’s and families’ needs, using family and community networks, voluntary sector and other external resources and provision where appropriate.
- Ability to contribute to the overall development of the team e.g.: making presentations and leading discussion in areas of professional practice; identifying opportunities for meeting need more effectively; promoting an appropriate and professional climate.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding, knowledge and skills in valuing diversity
Person specification for the role
- Hold a valid HCPC registration as a Social Worker
- Must have qualified since 2012 & completed the ASYE
- Minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience in the UK. Please do not apply if you do not meet this criteria.
- Supervising complex Casework
- Undertaking contested care proceedings
- Supervising Supporting & coaching Social Workers
- Experience of Practice teaching
- Raising practice standards
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
£250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
Please ensure you submit a covering letter with your application. Applications will not be considered without this.
*Terms and conditions apply