Personal Advisor Job – Leaving Care Team - Hull
Our client in Hull are looking for a Personal Advisor to join the Leaving Care team.
Your main job duties will include:
- Befriending, advising, assisting and supporting young people leaving the care of the local authority and moving onto independence as per the Children Leaving Care Act 2000
- Reviewing or supporting the review of the pathway plan, and when necessary amending previously agreed recommendations set out in the young persons Pathway Plan
- Working directly with care leavers, aged 16 plus, to facilitate their transition to adulthood and independence from local authority care, ensuring the young peoples objectives that are set out in their Pathway Plan are met
- Undertaking assessments such as Community Care Assessments to ensure asylum seeking young peoples entitlement to leaving care support is ongoing if Immigration status changes
- Developing close and effective working relationships with key statutory and voluntary agencies and partners to facilitate a planned and coordinated multi-agency response to the identified needs of care leavers
- Preparing and maintaining appropriate written records
- Liaising with various agencies in pathway planning to ensure young people are aware of their entitlements in regards to their asylum outcome
- Taking part in a duty system
Developing and sustaining good working relationships with young people
Experience of working with young people in youth work or social care settings is essential.
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
Whether you are looking for temporary, permanent or contract work we can assist.
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to vacancies across the UK
- Dedicated Specialist Consultant
- Access to our range of training opportunities
- Excellent Aftercare Service
- Prompt and reliable payroll
- Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
- £250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
*Terms and conditions apply