Are you a Fostering Social Worker Team Manager looking for your next challenge with an Independent Foster Agency? If so, this is the role for you.
My client based in Birmingham is looking for an experienced, dynamic and highly professional Team Manager to lead their growing team of staff and operations in the Midlands. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in Quality Assurance, work with Fostering Panels, Service Development and Performance Management and has a keen eye for detail.
They work hard to achieve positive and sustainable changes in children’s lives and support our foster families to a very high standard. The successful applicant must have a passion for children and young people, excellent organisational skills, be able to meet deadlines, have excellent communication skills and the ability to analyse situations accurately.
Willingness to travel & use of a car is essential.
Competitive Salary £39,000 - £50,000 per annum DOE
- To lead and supervise a team of social workers, student social workers and administrative staff.
- To manage the QA process of Form F assessments efficiently and effectively.
- To carry a caseload if required and to provide supervision and support to allocated carers.
- Investigate substantial complaints and allegations regarding foster carers in partnership with the complaints officer.
- Responsible for foster carers’ annual reviews and ensure that they are presented to panel on time.
- To ensure that all Social Worker’s records and reports are up-to-date.
- Be part of the senior management team and report directly to the Director of the company.
Person specification (knowledge, skills, experience and behaviours required in the role)
- HCPC Registered
- Recognised Social Work qualification
- Experience of at least 2 years working as a Social Worker in the UK. Please do not apply if you do not meet this criteria.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Legislation
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience in Fostering, completing of form F Assessments & working with Foster Carers & young people
- Able to work under pressure
- Must be a car driver with a full driving licence
- Excellent written & communication skills
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
£250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours. Please ensure you submit a covering letter with your application. Applications without this, will not be considered.
*Terms and conditions apply