Are you an experienced Social Worker Team Manager looking for a new challenge?
Our client in North West London is looking for a Team Manager within their Children & Young Peoples Service.
- £43,800 - £50,106 per annum with a market supplementary payment of £1500
- Targeted retention bonus of £6000 payable as follows:
£3000 lump sum upon completion of first three years
£3000 lump sum upon completion of further three years without a break in service.
- Relocation scheme (subject to terms & conditions)
- Plus other benefits
- To manage and supervise a team of Social Workers, Senior Practitioners and other social care staff, providing a service to children in need, including those in need of protection, children looked after, children subject to public care proceedings and, where directed by the court, children subject to private proceedings.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality, cost effective and efficient social work service to children and their families.
- To ensure that the delivery of the service is within agreed strategic, operational and financial priorities and that it is in accordance with statutory responsibilities, policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the key performance targets, as they apply to the team, are met
This post is responsible for the following services and outputs;
- Operational social care provision
- Team development
- Financial management of the Team’s budget
- Managing information and quality monitoring Team activity
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To manage the Team so that the service provided is responsive to legislative requirements as well as corporate and national priorities.
- To formulate an annual Team Performance Directed Business Plan to ensure that the Team has clear priorities and that appropriate resources are allocated and managed accordingly.
- To motivate, develop and performance manage a Team of staff capable of meeting its objectives through the process of induction, training, supervision and Team meetings.
- To undertake recruitment and selection of new staff within agreed procedures.
- To retain an overview of the Team’s workload at all times and to ensure that allocation, assessment, planning, monitoring and review functions are undertaken in an efficient and effective manner.
- To be responsible for achieving and maintaining best practice standards and quality assuring all aspects of the Team’s performance.
- To be responsible for the Team’s operational and practice development and contribute to Service developments as appropriate and necessary
To be considered for this role you must have a proven track record of achievement in the following areas:
- HCPC Registered
- Dip SW or equivalent
- Minimum of three years post qualifying experience in the UK, including the management and supervision of social care staff undertaking & statutory work with children and families, preferably in a fieldwork setting
- 1.5 – 2 years plus experience of managing a MASH team in the UK
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Performance management and quality assurance processes
- Focusing on the needs of children and young people
- User consultation and participation
- Evidence based outcomes
- Best practice standards and best value principles
- Must have a sound working knowledge of all statutory duties and responsibilities relating to children and families, including; Legislation, Regulations and Standards, Government Objectives & Initiatives, National and Common Assessment Frameworks
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
£250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
Please do not apply unless you are currently living in the UK.
*Terms and conditions apply