Are you an experienced Social Worker looking for the next step up in your career and a new challenge?
Our client in North London is looking for a Deputy Team Manager within their Children In Need Team within the Children’s & Families Services Directorate.
£40,617 - £43,383 with a market supplementary payment of £1500 per annum
Targeted retention bonus of £6000 payable as below:
- £3000 lump sum upon completion of the first 3 years
- £3000 lump sum upon completion of further three years without a break in service
- Relocation scheme available subject to conditions
- Onsite parking
- To deputise for the Team Manager as and when necessary and to assist in the execution of all managerial functions relating to the smooth running of the social care teams in Targeted Support.
- To assist Team Managers in supervising and supporting Social Care staff, to provide a range of family support services for children in need, including those in need of protection, children looked after, those subject to public care proceedings and where directed by the court those subject to private care proceedings.
- To oversee and quality assure complex Parenting Assessments requested by social care teams.
- To oversee and quality assure multi-disciplinary assessments recommended by formal planning process resulting in written statements and verbal evidence in care proceedings.
- To take responsibility for developing skills, expertise and knowledge for a wide range of practice issues and to provide consultation, coaching and mentoring within the Team, and across the Service as a whole. This will include taking responsibility to maintain and develop professional links and leads with partner agencies and the voluntary sector.
- To improve the quality of work done by social workers; including effective case management, purposeful evidence based interventions, analytical assessments and high quality written work.
- To provide reflective supervision to Social Workers and Social Care Staff including Students
- To develop specialist areas of expertise as required, for example – early permanency, family justice reforms, early help and safeguarding. Multi-agency working and evidence based social work.
This post is responsible for the following services and outputs directly and by assisting Team Managers:
Targeted and specialist services, including: Complex Assessment Planning Meetings, a process involving joint work with
- partner agency professionals to plan multi-disciplinary assessments
- Parenting and complex assessments, increasingly used as evidence in care proceedings
- Early intervention to provide preventative Social Work for children and families need and children subjected to child protection plans.
- Parenting support to help parents/carers acquire, develop maintain parents/kinship carers
- Rehabilitation work to enable children looked after to return to their birth parent/kinship carers.
- Direct work with, and placement support for, children looked after Family Group conferences or Family meetings for families seeking to formulate plans to safeguard and promote the well-being of children in their family.
- Team Development
- Financial Management of the budget
- Managing information and quality assuring social work
The post holder must be able to demonstrate
- User consultation and participation focusing on the needs of children and young people
- Working together with professionals and in partnership with families
- Best practice standards and evidence based outcomes
- Comprehensive experience of being a Social Work practitioner holding casework responsibility for complex work with children and families
- Experience of court work derived from experience of care proceedings
- Some additional responsibilities other than casework that may include undertaking particularly challenging work, developmental projects or initiatives, links and leads, supporting other staff in their professional development or similar.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the skills & experience listed below:
- A valid HCPC registration
- A recognised professional Social Work qualification (e.g. Degree in Social Work, Dip SW or CQSW).
- 1 year + experience of managing a Referral & Assessment Team in the UK
- A detailed knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and related regulations and guidance.
- A detailed knowledge of the “Framework for the Assessment of Children and their Families”
- Experience of undertaking complex social work assessment and practice which take fully into consideration the child/young person’s background and lifestyle choices.
- Experience of user consultation and participation focusing on the needs of service users and carers.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate with colleagues and partner agencies and to resolve differences of opinion or refer these to an appropriate level of management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly both verbally and in writing.
Please do not apply unless you have a minimum of 2 years experience working as a Social Worker in the UK.
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
£250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
*Terms and conditions apply