Are you a qualified Social Worker looking for a new challenge?
My client in Surrey is looking for confident and skilled social workers who are determined to achieve the best for children.
They offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- An extra payment of £2000 when you start (split between first & sixth salary)
- Relocation assistance of up to £8000 (subject to Terms & Conditions
- Generous annual leave
- Options for flexible working
- plus other benefits
- To provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- To support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion. To supervise fostering / adoption arrangements.
- To contribute to ensuring a positive, high profile for Surrey Children’s service in its dealings with the public, users and carers and external agencies.
- Taking guidance from more experienced staff, the role holder will undertake child protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan, and undertake all related statutory responsibilities.
- They will assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people with the support of the Team Manager and Service Manager, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse. Job holders will also contribute to the regular monitoring and review of services established to facilitate service improvement.
- Take professional responsibility as directed for managing a caseload which will include individuals, children, families and carers who require support and guidance.
- Enable them to identify their needs and plan support to meet those needs using the full range of options, seeking advice and support where appropriate.
- Demonstrate confident and effective judgement about risk and accountability in decision making.
- Use assessment procedures discerningly in response to the presenting needs and to ensure that a proportionate assessment is completed in a way that enables maximum participation
- Provide information, advice and guidance in line with current national legislation and to recognise the need for, and appropriately signpost to other agencies, services or providers. Safeguarding
- Understand the forms of harm and their impact on people and be able to identify safeguarding concerns.
- Where relevant and with support undertake assessment and planning for safeguarding.
- Share and present professional knowledge and expertise with colleagues within the team.
- Take professional and personal responsibility for clear recording of analysis and judgements, maintaining up to date case work records on the database as required by Surrey County Council.
- Take responsibility for working within the Directorate's data protection policies
Person specification for the role
- Hold a valid HCPC registration as a Social Worker
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, related statutory regulations and guidance, child development, research and different methods of Assessment. (Relating to the service area in which the job role is placed)
- Able to assess and analyse the needs of children and young people and their families and using excellent written and verbal skills; manage, develop, produce and implement care plans for children and young people that meet their assessed needs.
- Have effective written and verbal communication skills. Use of good English language to produce high quality reports
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
£250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
*Terms and conditions apply