Are you a Senior Supervising Social Worker looking for your next challenge with an Independent Foster Agency? If so, this is the role for you.
My client based in South London is looking for a Senior Supervising Social Worker. They offer:
Competitive Salary – Up to £38,000 per annum DOE
Access to Pension Scheme
To work in a senior capacity with the Team Manager / Fostering Service Manager and Social Work team members to provide a professional Social Work service in line with the Company’s Vision and Values, regulatory requirements and Ofsted inspection criteria.
- Deputise for the Fostering Service Manager / Principal Social Worker / Team Manager, including attending meetings, chairing team meetings and Foster Carer support groups.
- Take a lead role in the delivery of core training for Foster Carers, Journey to Foster Pre-approval and preparation training and “Skills to Foster".
- Chair End of Placement and Disruption Meetings to ensure placement stability and positive outcomes for children and young people in placement.
- Responsibility for taking on more challenging and complex cases
Partnering People (Human Resources) Staff Supervisory Responsibilities
- Deliver Regular formal and informal supervision of other team members as detailed in the supervision agreement.
- Ensure full compliance with company Operational Standards and the Operations Self Service to ensure the Code of conduct is upheld
- Undertake the Induction of newly appointed staff
- Assist social workers to work through the emotional and personal demands the job places upon them.
- Comply with equal opportunities policy and procedure in all employment practices
- Supervise and support newly qualified Social Workers including assess an ASYE
- Meet with Commissioning Teams to discuss individual packages of care.
- Represent the Company in a business capacity.
- Contribute towards the growth and development of the business by implementing key areas identified in the business plan agreed through supervision.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the different placement packages and identify recharges where appropriate.
Support and Supervision of Foster Carers
- Recruit, assess and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster Carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Take responsibility for the supervision and induction of newly registered Foster Carers until they are suitably experienced and able to be transferred within the team.
- Ensure that carers fully understand the fostering task, competencies to be achieved and the standards expected, including complaints and representation procedures as detailed in Company policies and procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Ensure each child has an accurate and up to date Care Plan on file and that Carers have a copy available for reference
- Work in partnership with the relevant authority to ensure that the child and young person’s needs as identified in the Care Plan and placement agreement are met.
- Ensure each child has a placement agreement on file and that Carers have a copy available for reference if appropriate.
- Ensure that comprehensive case recordings are completed and maintained within Operational Standard timeframes.
Person specification (knowledge, skills, experience and behaviours required in the role)
- Recognised Social Work qualification
- Experience of at least 2 years working as a Social Worker in the UK
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Legislation
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience in Fostering, completing of form F Assessments & working with Foster Carers & young people
- Able to work under pressure
- Must be a car driver with a full driving licence
- Excellent written & communication skills
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
£250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
*Terms and conditions apply