Are you a Supervising Social Worker looking for your next challenge with an Independent Foster Agency? If so, this is the role for you.
My client based in South London is looking for a Supervising Social Worker. They offer:
Competitive Salary – From £35,000 per annum
Access to Pension Scheme
To represent the Company’s Vision and Values while providing a comprehensive and flexible social work service to foster carers and children/young people as required in line with fostering regulatory requirements and Ofsted Inspection criteria.
Support & Supervision of Foster Carers
- Support children, young people and foster carers by active involvement and attendance in significant company events
- Recruit, assess, and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster Carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Play an active role in the recruitment of carers and fully Understand the importance of participating in carer recruitment
- Ensure that carers fully understand the fostering task, competencies to be achieved and the standards expected, including complaints and representation procedures as detailed in the FCA policies and procedures
- Provide & record regular supervision to allocated foster carers
- Ensure that all carers have an accurate & up to date Form F available that meets the needs of OFSTED
Safeguarding Children & Young People
- Ensure each child has an accurate and up to date Care Plan on file and that Carers have a copy available for reference
- Work in partnership with the relevant authority to ensure that the child and young person’s needs as identified in the Care Plan and placement agreement are met.
- Ensure each child has a placement agreement on file and that Carers have a copy available for reference if appropriate.
- Ensure that comprehensive case recordings are completed and maintained within Operational Standard timeframes.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of child Safeguarding procedures
- Ensure necessary risk assessments are completed in line with the Company’s policies & procedures
Person specification (knowledge, skills, experience and behaviours required in the role)
- Recognised Social Work qualification
- Experience of at least 2 years working as a Social Worker in the UK
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Legislation
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience in Fostering, completing of form F Assessments & working with Foster Carers & young people
- Able to work under pressure
- Must be a car driver with a full driving licence
- Excellent written & communication skills
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
£250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
*Terms and conditions apply