Advanced Social Worker - Community Mental Health Team - Lancashire
Our client in the Lancashire area is looking for an Advanced Social Worker to join their busy Mental Health Team. You will be working in an inpatient psychiatric hospital setting.
Your main job duties will include;
- Undertaking the role of Forensic Social Worker in order to assist in coordinating a comprehensive and holistic assessment of needs and risk and to establish, monitor and review a care plan that is in agreement with the service user, carer and service providers. This will also include the undertaking and review of carer’s assessments where necessary and participating in pre-admission assessments.
- Ensuring that the social care needs of individuals referred are identified and met within the requirements of legislation and available resources, in order to promote the principles of independence, social inclusion and recovery.
- Liaising with the service users home area on behalf of the multi-disciplinary team at the point of admission and maintain this liaison function with a local link worker through to discharge stage. Working collaboratively with the Police, Probation and Children’s Services in relation to Public Protection and attend MAPPA meetings, Child Protection meetings as required.
- Preparing and presenting reports to First Tier Tribunals (Mental Health) and Hospital Managers Meetings and Ministry of Justice in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team the originating Local Authority and Commissioners.
You will need to have significant post qualification experience within a mental health team, hold HCPC registration and a Social Work Qualification.
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applications within 48 hours.
Whether you are looking for temporary, permanent or contract work we can assist.
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to vacancies across the UK
- Dedicated Specialist Consultant
- Access to our range of training opportunities
- Excellent Aftercare Service
- Prompt and reliable payroll
- Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate
- £250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
*Terms and conditions apply