Qualified Social Worker – North Lancashire – Children with Disabilities Team
Our client in North Lancashire are looking for a Qualified Social worker to join their busy Children with Disabilities team to carry out a full range of social care duties attached to children with Disabilities.
Your main job duties will include:
- Managing a caseload of service-users with sensory impairment, dual-sensory impairment and other disabilities requiring assessment of their needs,
- Carrying out Initial and core assessments and investigations, develop care plans and coordinate support packages as necessary
- Carrying out Section 47 enquiries, Risk assessments and children in need reviews
- Delivering, under the general supervision of a senior practitioner or team manager, an effective social work service to children with disabilities and their families, informed by current research, legislation and departmental policy
- Assessing the needs of children with disabilities whilst also recognising the needs of carers requiring assessment and provision of support
- Liaising and developing close working relationships with other professions and agencies to ensure service-users receive services in accordance with assessed needs and within a multi-agency framework
- Where appropriate, participating in multi-disciplinary teams and contribute to their effectiveness
- Providing emotional and practical support, advice and advocacy to children with disabilities and carers as required
- Maintaining accurate written and computerised data of intervention in a timely manner
You will need to have experience undertaking safe guarding, family support/child in need or work with looked after children (preferably with children with disabilities), HCPC registration and a Social Work Quaification.
Please register your interest in this job now by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
Whether you are looking for temporary, permanent or contract work we can assist.
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to vacancies across the UK
- Dedicated Specialist Consultant
- Access to our range of training opportunities
- Excellent Aftercare Service
- Prompt and reliable payroll
- Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
- £250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
*Terms and conditions apply