Qualified Social Worker - Youth Offending Team - Enfield
Our client in Enfield is looking for a Qualified Social Worker for their Youth Offending team.
Your key job responsibilities will be:
- Providing a preventative and rehabilitative service in line with expectations of the Youth Criminal Justice system and Children’s Act facilitating appropriate resources where necessary
- Assessing situations where there are concerns that young people are being in need of protection, accommodation or care provision, being particularly mindful of equal opportunities and diversity issues
- Planning quickly and effectively, involving carers as partners in the decisions made in respect of young people
- Aiming that young people should receive services that are in line with social work values and ethos; the least intrusive service to prevent offending
- Providing advice and support to YOS workers to ensure an emergency service for assessment and action where children are referred as being at risk of immediate physical danger, is undertaken by Social Care partners
- Liaising with other sections of the Department and other relevant agencies to ensure that good childcare practice is carried out in line with departmental policy including groups and agencies, with particular emphasis on the needs of Looked After Children to ensure that their views and wishes are heard and that any interventions consider fully any special needs
You will need to hold HCPC registration and a Social Work qualification. Previous experience working with young people is essential.
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button.
Whether you are looking for temporary, permanent or contract work we can assist.
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to vacancies across the UK
- Dedicated Specialist Consultant
- Access to our range of training opportunities
- Excellent Aftercare Service
- Prompt and reliable payroll
- Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
- £250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
*Terms and conditions apply