Qualified Social Worker - Children with Disabilities Team - Southwark
Our client in Southwark is looking for Qualified Social worker to join the busy Children with Disabilities team.
Your main job duties will include:
- Managing a caseload of service-users with sensory impairment, dual-sensory impairment and other disabilities requiring assessment of their needs,
- Carrying out Initial and core assessments and investigations, develop care plans and coordinate support packages as necessary
- Delivering, under the general supervision of a senior practitioner or team manager, an effective social work service to children with disabilities and their families, informed by current research, legislation and departmental policy
- Assessing the needs of children with disabilities whilst also recognising the needs of carers requiring assessment and provision of support
- Liaising and developing close working relationships with other professions and agencies to ensure service-users receive services in accordance with assessed needs and within a multi-agency framework
- Where appropriate, participating in multi-disciplinary teams and contribute to their effectiveness
- Providing emotional and practical support, advice and advocacy to children with disabilities and carers as required
- Maintaining accurate written and computerised data of intervention in a timely manner
You will need at least 4 years post qualifying experience working in a Children with Disabilities Team, hold HCPC registration and a Social Work Qualification.
Please register your interest in this job now by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
Whether you are looking for temporary, permanent or contract work we can assist.
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to vacancies across the UK
- Dedicated Specialist Consultant
- Access to our range of training opportunities
- Excellent Aftercare Service
- Prompt and reliable payroll
- Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
- £250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer